[DMCForum] Re: Greg's [CLASSIFIED] Red DeLorean

[DMCForum] Re: Greg's [CLASSIFIED] Red DeLorean

I suppose the subject of fuel additives it is as opinionated as what kind
of
oil to use and how often to change it.  I remember the good ole days when
you could let gasoline sit in a tank for a few years and it would still
work
in an engine just fine.  You could wash your hands in it, clean parts up,
etc.  If you poured a cup of it on a fire, it would flash into the cup and
burn inside the cup if it didn't splatter all over you and catch fire
everywhere.  Now the new stuff they call gasoline is very different.  It
doesn't even like to burn if I throw it on a fire.  It behaves more like
kerosene.  If you throw too much on a small fire it will put it out.  Even
when so-called fresh it doesn't run in an engine as well.  If you get it
on
your skin, it burns like hell.  It smells like bad gas even while pumping
it
from the station.  Let it sit for more than a month and it starts to
separate into layers.  I say that modern gasoline needs all the
stabilization you can put in it.  It makes me think of ways to reprocess
it
to remove all the crap and see if I can make some good old-fashioned
gasoline from it.

I saw some rather expensive gallon bottles of gasoline substitute for sale
at Kmart.  It was packaged so that you can store it in your car for incase
you run out.  I forgot what the shelf-life was, but it was for several
years.  I wonder how this would work for storing cars for extended
periods.

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=626109969>