Re: [DMCForum] English opinion of the DeLorean

Re: [DMCForum] English opinion of the DeLorean

The English people that I've talked to while driving my DeLo have all been
very complimentary of the car. One of my high school teachers was from
Liverpool, and in fact his dream car was a DeLorean. I was swarmed by a
group of English exchange students a couple of weeks ago when I pulled
into my dorm's parking lot in a friends DeLorean. The English folks I've
talked to at car shows have all been very complimentary... but like to
poke little jokes at the car like "so that's where my tax money from 1981
went..." The only people that I've come across who have negative opinions
on the car have been American rednecks. They say it's ugly and
underpowered. It baffles me that guys who drive Chevy Novas and such think
their cars are better looking than DeLoreans. Ahh well... I guess that's
why I'm not a muscle car fan :-). -Louie

--- "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey lads, and especially guys in England,
With the thread over on that other list ;) about whether the DMC is
American or English or Irish or whatever, it got me thinking about
something that you might be able to clear up.

When out and about with your cars over in England, how do you find
public opinion of it?

Pre-order the updated second edition of  "DeLorean: Stainless Steel
Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com";
target="_blank">here!</a>

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595053/R=0/SIG=124gf29oe/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595053> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595053/rand=493171865>