Re: [DMCForum] Re: windshieldwiper irony

Re: [DMCForum] Re: windshieldwiper irony

> If they get stuck in "int" mode, to shut them off were you holding
the stem down in "int" for a few seconds? That's how I turn mine off
from intermittent mode.

This has never worked for me.  I've checked a few DeLoreans, switches and
wiper modules.  I think that the problem must be defective modules.  I can
usually get it to turn off after a few tries by quickly switching from
fast
to neutral (off).  And like Louie said, shutting the car off and
restarting
has always worked.  I think that the wiper modules must be about as
reliable
as fan fail modules.

> this problem
> will clear up a few hours after the rain stops at
> which point they will operate normally.

If the problem is really related to rain/moisture, then maybe you have a
leak in the dash that is getting the electrics wet.  These cars tend to
leak
where the wiper mechanism penetrates below the windshield.  While driving
in
heavy rain, I get water dripping on my legs from a few places under the
dash.  I suppose it is slinging off the wiper linkage up under there.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1784493/R=0/id=noscript/SIG=11q7p9e7k/*http://webevents.yahoo.co
m/universal/intolerablecruelty/>