Re: [DMCForum] Just don't look at it

> he figured that out for himself and realized something was
missing so he secured it by welding a tab to hold it in place.

I'm not sure that this a good idea if he welded something to the steering
rack.  But that would only be an issue if you tried to trade it in as a
core
someday.

Someone was going to look at fitting a steering rack made for an old
Mustang
or Ford Pinto.  Any luck with that?  Who was that?

> He said as he worked on it more and more, he became more confident
that the repair would be a good one.

Better your car than mine. ;-)  Did he have a problem welding around the
fiberglass underbody?  The only two procedures I have heard of is taking
the
body off the frame or cutting a big hole in the truck and patching the
fiberglass afterwards.  I think I read that procedure in a service
bulletin.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1784493/R=0/id=noscript/SIG=11q7p9e7k/*http://webevents.yahoo.co