$500 is VERY reasonable IMHO. Less than half cost of replacement
extension alone (uninstalled).

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Oooooooooook. So my car is at the welder's.
>
> This is the first time I've had it on a lift, and the first time I've
> been able to see in greater detail how certain things are attached.
>
> The first thing I'd like to say is, if anyone experienced had seen
> this car, I would have been advised NOT to buy it.
>
> But I went alone and now I have to work with it. That's fine.
>
> There was very little of the bottom part of the crumple tube left.
> The main cross bar that goes across the front of frame...uh the part
> that "boxes in" the "Y", that the tube attaches to is rusted away in
> the middle. There is also some concern for the metal that the lower
> control arms attach to.
>
> However, he showed me how he plans to build it all out again and what
> metal he's going to use. He'll be able to reinforce the control arm
> area too. I saw some of his handywork in the shop. I should be in
> good hands.
>
> We estimate the cost to be between $300-500.00. Pray for me.
>
> Rich

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595056/R=0/SIG=124p07ne0/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595056> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595056/rand=565477311>