Re: [DMCForum] the marvelous David Hoover

Re: [DMCForum] the marvelous David Hoover

Jim,

Oh, come on. I rarely say anything that isn't sarcastic and you of all
people should know this! Anyhoo, the reviewer probably thought it best
to ascribe no adjective to my name rather than "nobody", which is what I
am. *chuckles* Aside from David Hoover, only one of the members of the
"Quartet" had done stage work before, as an amateur, so Cuthbert was
nice not to mention that we were all inexperienced. In fact, we were
lucky to even have our names in the program, having been hired two weeks
before the show opened. It wouldn't have been as nice if he had said
"Three stage virgins join the marvelous David Hoover ..."

And hey, I had to give some excuse for not making it to Lake Lanier,
right? Besides, as a trumpet player, I have a right to toot my own horn.
;)

Now if I can only figure out what's wrong with the starter on my truck
... I'd have something mildly automotive to discuss on this automotive
forum. ;P

Farrar

Jim Strickland wrote:
> Hey, it's not me!!  That's what the article said.  It said he was
> marvelous, and you got NO adjectives.  Maybe they thought "bizarre"
might
> have been out of context?
>
> I'm sure I could not do better.  or similar.
>
> Jim

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3936685.5168404.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1750876/R=0/SIG=11v1mrq3u/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa
ge=1762-1062629109228440> click here