Re: [DMCForum] RIP VIN 10115

>based on what you're going to get from the insurance
>companies and the lawsuit you'll no doubt win. Hell, you'll probably
>have enough to buy a totally refurbished job with all the bells and
>whistles from Houston.

That's what everyone keeps telling me. Supposedly the guy who hit me is
loaded too... so maybe it will all end well.

>From what you say about the rear of the car being torn away and the
>doors being stuck, I have to ask, did you sustain any injuries? How
>the hell did you get out? Did the fire department cut you out or what?

I was essentially broadsided by a car going 60 mph. He ran off the road,
and over compensated while correcting himself, and smacked me hard in the
drivers side. I'm not too banged up... lots of cuts from glass mainly. I
crawled out through my busted out drivers window. both doors were jammed
shut. I suspect severe underbody damage is to blame.

>Even Christopher Lloyd told Marty in BTTF2 "He's drving a '46 Ford,
>we're in a DeLorean. He'll tear through us like we're paper" so I
>know that a Caddy ramming you at speed had to be catastrophic. I
>can't believe you walked away from this.

It's pretty amazing that I walked away with cuts and bruises. If I can get
some pics up of 10115, you'll see she took the impact for me :-(. It's
probably going to be the worst wrecked DeLorean pictures anyone's ever
seen... no joke.

>I'll tell you this: If a drunk driver had just plowed into my
>DeLorean, and I was still ambulatory, I'd have dragged him out of his
>car and beat him literally, to death. The great thing about owning a
>DeLorean is, you've made all of us as friends and we're still here for
>you.

I probably would have... but a nurse witnessed my accident, and as soon as
I crawled out of the car, she made me sit down... lol. Thankfully the
drunk driver was arrested, and his karma will come back to him. I am
really sad to lose 10115 though. I had just gotten her back friday from
being in Bob Miller's shop for 3 months. Bill Robertson and myself just
spent 12 hours on saturday putting in a new water pump on her too. I was
driving her back to college so that I could go to SEDOC. So I'm sad to
lose my baby... but at least I have the peace of mind that I'll be able to
get a replacement :-).

Pre-order the updated second edition of  "DeLorean: Stainless Steel
Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com";
target="_blank">here!</a>

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=124j83ehr/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595055> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595055/rand=541267135>