RE: [DMCForum] The Lawnmower Man - Redux

RE: [DMCForum] The Lawnmower Man - Redux

I checked on the CPR and made sure the delay valve pointed (white side
forward) in the right direction. Martin, I found the ground you were
talking
about and it was good.

This had to be something with the lambda system, question was, which
component had pooped out? Last night my uncle happened by and I asked if I
could borrow his dwell meter. I plugged into the ECU from the diagnostic
socket and started the car. It read 47 degrees. I let the engine warm up
and
still got the same reading. The manual shows 2 possibilities, but since
this
was a steady reading, it leaves only one:

B. Oxygen sensor disconnected - 40-50 (steady reading)

The Volvo manual backs this up. "If the Lambda-sond is damaged, control
unit
operates on a fixed duty cycle."

As I recall, while I was working on the exhaust I was not so gentle with
the
O2 sensor and I'm fairly confident that I may have damaged it. Only thing
do is replace it and find out.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=845232280>