[DMCForum] 9/1 Update for Martin

Promise not to laugh:

You know how I am missing some of the sensors in internal water pipe?
Well, harness and connectors still loose under there. Appears one of
them got caught between water pipe and intake manifold on passenger
side. Don't think intake manifold was seated all the way. Bottom
silicone bead on passenger side never squished, and was actually
missing in several places. Thought I was smooth running that little
bead this time rather than my usual 1/4" or whatever (wanted it to
look good). Should have just gommed mess out of it.

Remember having difficulty manuevering manifold under wiring harness.
While everything off the engine this time re-ran harness along
passenger valve cover (don't worry -- air filter housing clears no
sweat). Can now drop intake manifold straight down. Should make this
seal much better. Moved my loose connectors UNDER internal water pipe
(taped over to avoid accidental grounds).

Am going to order O rings tonight. Will be here Wednesday. Can't wait
-- am optomistic this time will be the trick. Last O rings came from
plumbing supply house. May have been wrong material (look OK, but I
want to be sure). The wonderful hydraulic cylinder seals only come in
1.75" and 2". Actually all the really interesting seals skip 1.875".
Oh well.

Other good news from all this activity:
-internal water pipe totally tight
-PO replaced my plastic clutch line with a formed metal one

Deep cleaned my aluminum for the first time. Helped, but the pores
still hold black stains. Wonder if it's mildew -- my vehicle has spent
most of its life sitting in people's back yards.

Oh, intake manifold doesn't appear warped.

And it has a traditional crossover passage. Didn't notice before.
Still don't understand how PCV breathes and exhausts through same
orifice...

Don't forget to ask Darren about CPR.

Bill Robertson

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595053/R=0/SIG=124gf29oe/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595053> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595053/rand=513969723>