[DMCForum] Upper half engine ok

>>Speaking of carburetors, my PRV *IS* CIS. I'm not the one in other
Group who carbureted the thing<<

According to the official Bosch Technical Instruction Manual printed
specifically for the K-Jet (used to train automotive technicians) as
well as Volvo manuals, the Constant Idle Speed system is refered to
as the CIS. The K-Jet Constant Injection system is referedd to as the
CI system. Fwiw, most Volvo manuals use the same terms.

It's always best to use the correct nomenclature from the
manufactuer's technical literature to avoid confusion. (I guess that
failed here ;) I don't consider the DMC manual to be that in the case
of Bosch components. Bosch designed it, so Bosch's nomenclature rules.

The CI system is easy to work on and not complicated to trouble shoot
providing you have a pressure gage to port into it. For example, the
entire system including the CPR and frequency valve (not the correct
Bosch name for this component by the way) can be tested in 10 minutes
on a cold engine. All you need is a gage, two jumpers, and a hand
vacuum pump or good lungs. (You don't need the latter since you don't
have a accel enrichment.) Btw, doesn't your CPR have a large port on
the very top behing the fuel lines? This is the normal enrichment
port, not used on the Delorean.

This procedure will confirm proper operation of everything other than
injector flow rate, spray pattern and Lambda ECU operation. (Lambda
can be tested with a dwell meter or scope.) It will test the freq
valve. The engine doesn't need to be started or warmed up unless you
choose to use it instead of your lungs or a hand pump. This method is
the easiest way to test the CI system and is the one recommened by
Bosch.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa
ge=1374-105951838331032> click here