[DMCForum] Re: More on the Scientific Method ??????????

[DMCForum] Re: More on the Scientific Method ??????????

Dude,

Come off the box. I've already exlained the noise several times. I
have no oil pressure, when I lube the cylinders manually, the noise
stops completely.

I -know- this isn't good. However, you can get away with it for a -
short- period of time when turning the engine -slowly-, which is all
that I've been able to do.

I got the engine to start, so the oil pressure is my next task. I
believe all it needs is for the pump to be primed.

I'll explain this:

I've got 11 years on submarines, which are -loaded- with dozens of
different kinds of pumps. Some are required to be full of fluid
(primed) before they can take a suction from a sump. If they aren't
primed, they become air-bound and no fluid will pass. Obviously, our
oil pump is like this or the manual wouldn't say to prime it.

Why don't you have to prime it -every- time? Because it never drains
completly when there's oil in the sump and it's the proper viscosity.
Mine was washed out with gas and drained completely. All I gotta do
it fill my filter and also squirt some in the hole underneath the
filter screw hole.

Hopefully that will fix the oil pressure situation.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, elvisnocita@xxxx wrote:
> Rich, if your motor is squeaking - there is something wrong !
> for not to say it must be fucked up somehow !!!!!!!
>
> did you kill your piston rings somehow ???
>
> I can't understand why I am the only one who says that this is not
normal.
> Are all the others here laughing their butts off because of Rich's
motor
> problems ?
>
> I still haven't seen a single picture of your motor, but to me it
sounds as
> it
> needs to be rebuilt completely ! A GOOD MOTOR IS NOT SQUEAKING AND
> IF IT STOPS WITH OIL IN THE CYLINDERS THEN THERE'S SOMETHING FUCKED
UP !!!!

> Dave, he listens to your words - what is your opinion to that
squeaking
> stuff ?
>

> > 2) After the oil burned away, the engine started to squeak again,
and
> > the starter slowed down. No matter how much ether I gave it, it
> > wouldn't run again. It farted and sputtered but that was it.
>
> --
> COMPUTERBILD 15/03: Premium-e-mail-Dienste im Test
> 1. GMX TopMail - Platz 1 und Testsieger!
> 2. GMX ProMail - Platz 2 und Preis-Qualitätssieger!
> 3. Arcor - 4. web.de - 5. T-Online - 6. freenet.de - 7. daybyday -
8. e-Post

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693352/R=0/SIG=11tralmvc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0178293&partid=3170658> click here