From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 7:39 PM
Subject: [DMCForum] HA!!! Crag make fire!!!

> Today, I dropped to my knees and thanked God for helping me start my
car.

> Well sort of...
>
> After soaking for 2 days in Marvel Mystery Oil my compression shot up
> to 150 psi. (For those who care, the specs are 114-156 psi, engine
> HOT, throttle wide open) Previously, it was 100-120 psi, but that's
> engine cold because the thing wouldn't start.
>
> At any rate, with fuel disconnected, and Marvel in the chamber, I gave
> it a shot of ether. It fired, struggled, then ran -briefly- (10-15
> seconds) on ether. The timing appeared correct, I didn't have time for
> the timing light but the engine chugged along without "fighting" itself.
>
> After that, the plugs fouled with Marvel and the starter wouldn't
> crank it fast enough. Battery's charging.
>
> I suspect my problems are two-fold. Low compression due to slow
> cranking, and weak spark. I'm going to replace the coil, wires and
> plugs with something hotter...18-20,000 volts, Bosch +4's and some
> good wires.
>
> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Rich
> #5335 (on life support)

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=335501082>