[DMCForum] Re: tone L.O.C.

Starter is brand-new too. I've reviewed as many reasons for slow
cranking as I could find:

Bad grounds, bad cables, bad battery, bad starter, clogged exhaust,
mis-timed ignition, mis-timed cams....

I've checked all this.

When engines are rebuilt with new rings and gaskets they are usually
very tight during break-in. I have not redone the rings, but
theoretically, new head gaskets would restore compression.

I also think part of the slow crank is due to friction from when all
the oil was washed away by gasoline. Now that I have things lubed up,
I'm going to try again.
--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, elvisnocita@xxxx wrote:
> why is it spinning slower als normally with a starter ?
> If the battery is new and charged or even better a second car with
running
> motor
> is connected to it - is it still cranking so slowly ?
> How fast is slow ?
> Is your starter fucked up and sucking the battery empty ? This
would be a
> reason why your spark is too weak !!!!!!
>
> > It spins same with spark and without. I tried this to see if the
> > timing was so retarded that combustion was happening during
> > compression, thus slowing the engine down. No such luck.
> >
> > I have a new battery and cleaned/reterminated the cables. I have
not
> > hooked it directly to the starter though.
>
> --
> COMPUTERBILD 15/03: Premium-e-mail-Dienste im Test
> 1. GMX TopMail - Platz 1 und Testsieger!
> 2. GMX ProMail - Platz 2 und Preis-Qualitätssieger!
> 3. Arcor - 4. web.de - 5. T-Online - 6. freenet.de - 7. daybyday -
8. e-Post

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa
ge=1374-105951838331032> click here