BTW: how are you rotating engine with muffler in place? Or do you just
plan to serenade the neighbors when engine finally catches.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I have this question in my head now:
>
> At the end of your procedure, you said to get the #1 piston at TDC
> and install the distributor. (Which is what I did yesterday)
>
> The engine is set to run at 13 degrees BTDC. Shouldn't I have rotated
> the engine until is was at 13 degrees BTDC instead of at dead "0"?
>
> Then I would be 13 degrees too far advanced and the dizzy only swings
> about 15 degrees each direction so I'd almost be out of room for
> adjustment.
>
> Both of my books say to set it to TDC...
>
> Do you set to 0 or 13 when you put the dizzy in?
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Timing's out by a few degrees. - Just twiddle the dizzy while
> cranking -
> > should find where it wants to start. 12v across the coil will
> help......
> >
> > cruznmd wrote:
> >
> > >What do you think about the back-fire? Too far advanced or not
> > >necessarily?

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=1247d4o3g/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3512152&yhad=1595055> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595055/rand=970693440>