Re: [DMCForum] bang bang bang...

The bang-bang-bang is a resonance set up between the wheels and the
clutch slipping. The only way to put enough torque to slip the wheels is
by spinning the clutch. As soon as the wheels slip, they spin and the
clutch bites, reducing the torque at the wheels and causing them to grip
again, causing the clutch to slip..... etc

It's not that hard to get the back end a bit happy - just find a flat
bit of grass. I did it myself when I wasn't trying very hard the other
weekend at a show held on a big common. I just popped the clutch and
hooked the wheel round. It slid beautifully about 3/4 of a turn and came
to a gentle stop. Nothing crazy :-)

Another way is to loosen your trailing arm bolts by 1 turn and wait for
a wet road (yikes). Done that in a 170hp upgraded car by accident. I was
only going walking pace and pulled out onto a wet road. She came back
under control quite easily, largely thanks to the low kerb! This was on
a journey own to the garage to get the car on a ramp so we could remove
one extremely stubborn TAB that was loose but rusted in place

thomaspaulmccoy wrote:

>Has anyone tried peeling out in a DeLorean?
>
>When I rev up & drop the clutch, all I get is a loud repeating
>banging noise... like someone is smashing into the back of the car.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1663535/R=0/SIG=11ps6rfef/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30504&media=atkins> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupm