[DMCForum] Better, Stronger, Faster

New starter showed up today.

Fast as fast can be, you'll never catch me! What a difference. With
some actual speed, it was able to circulate the little bit of oil I
put in the cylinders to pre-lube them and that squeal I had shut
right up on the 2nd revolution.

I have decided I can't screw up my fuel distributor any worse so I
cleaned it up w/acetone & put the mix control unit back together. The
airflow sensor doesn't bind anymore, and the metering plunger moves
much more freely, but I still don't think it's quite right. Some more
reading also leads me to believe that the primary pressure regulator
opens too soon, preventing enough pressure from building to fully
open the injectors. Combined with a sticking plunger, they just
drizzled, and never shut off until the pressure bled off.

I'm not trying to drive it. I just want it to catch once, or maybe
even idle long enough to heat seal my headgaskets.

Alas, I ran out of daylight and didn't get it all back together for a
test-start. Darn work always getting in the way...

Rich

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1663535/R=0/SIG=11ps6rfef/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30504&media=atkins> click here