Re: [DMCForum] paint stripper...

> Besides, with media blasting, there are less worries about removing
plastic
> trim, and the glue that holds the glass in; just tape it off.

It never occurred to me that you would media blast the panels while on the
car.  I wouldn't.  I would just put the paint stripper on wholesale and
let
it do all the work.  Any residue should come off when you regrain.

I don't know if there would be an issue with strippers attacking the
rubber
around the door glass, though.  But rubber is fairly inert to blasting.
The
rubber bead pulls out, BTW.  I had a section of mine come loose while I
was
replacing the window frame.  I glued it back in with black silicone --
probably not the best approach, but it worked.

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3512844?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=593688056>