From: "Cohee, Michael" <mcohee@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 9:45 AM
Subject: [DMCForum] wiper switch surgery

> In my effort to turn every job into an adventure I need some advice on
the
wiper switch....Mine broke off a few months ago and if you have ever seen
th
inside there are some weird litle brass doohickys in there. I have 2
options
for the transplant....I have a donor wiper/turn signal unit be medi-vac'd
in
today....The easiest way is to just take the 3 screws off the donor wiper
unit and reattach the unit to my existing one on the car and just
reconnect
the wires....this I can do easily. The problem is on the metal bracket it
says DO NOT REMOVE 2 SCREWS. So has anyone unscrewed a wiper unit from the
metal bracket? It could be springloaded or have some other moving parts
that
would come apart and the donor unit would be no good....the other option
is
to take the wheel off and replace the whole thing. This does not seem too
bad and just means a little more work but involves taking the wheel off. I
just bought a wheel puller with 30 assorted bolt sizes and NONE of them
will
work on the wheel...so the problem with this option is getting the ^%$#+
wheel off....

> so should I go for plan a or B?
>
> thanks
> Dr. Mike
> 2109

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595056/R=0/SIG=124bf4lrb/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3512152&yhad=1595056> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595056/rand=559494244>