[DMCForum] New Owner with Questions

Hey gang,

I bought my DeLorean a few months ago and I am very happy with the
purchase.   It is a 1981 model with a black interior and auto
transmission.  I had difficulty getting it started at the previous
owners, but I got it running and drove it home.  I put about 30 miles
on it to get it home and drove around town for another 20 later that
day.  The car was running very rich the whole time and just not right
in general.  I am not an idiot when it comes to cars, but my DMC
knowledge is limited at this point.  The car only has 16k miles on
it, and since 1989 the car has only had about 2k miles put on it.  It
is very had to get started.  It turns over fine, but doesn't seem to
be getting any fuel.  Starter fluid will do the trick, but I don't
like the idea of using it at all.  Once started as I said before it
gets way to much fuel.  It smokes and if you really get on it, the
motor will flood out and die.  I know since the car has sat for so
long that it will need the basic DMC tune up parts.  The fuel system
is supposed to be new in it, but I don't know who true that is.  I
was going to get the PJ Grady tune up kit and go from there, but any
pointers about what you all might think my fuel/ignition/air flow
problem might be.  So far new door struts, battery, and plugs.  I
have wanted this car since I was 6, so I am in no hurry to get it
back on the road.  I want to do it right the first time, so the car
is going to be sit in the garage till I get it running like new.

A few pictures:

http://forums.newbeetle.org/attachment.php?s=
<http://forums.newbeetle.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=271046>
&postid=271046