[DMCForum] Re: angle drive check

I just remembered that I have a spare set of instrument gauges in a
box in the back of my parents attic.  I'll take the angle drive out
and hook it up to that speedo.  Then I can test to make sure that
speedo works too.

thanks!
Erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Salsbury <paul.salsbury@xxxx>
wrote:
> Erik
>
> When I tested mine I took the plastic cap off at the
> hub and clamped my electric drill onto the drive part
> protruding then whilst my wife watched the speedo I
> gentle increased the speed of the drill. I got it up
> to 30mph.
>
> If you don't have the speedo attached just the cable
> you should see the inner part turning at ht lamda
> counter end.
>
> Hope this helped
>
> Paul
>
>  --- erikgeerdink <erikgeerdink@xxxx> wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> ok,
> My parts car, of course, has the speedo angle drive.
> I don't know
> if it works or not though.  I obviously can't drive
> the car to check
> it out since the car is destroyed.  I don't want to
> install it on my
> car to check it out either.  Is there a way that I can
> check to see
> if this thing works?  I'm assuming it does.  It last
> worked the last
> time it drove and got into a wreck, back in November
> of 2002.  I'm
> assuming it worked.  Any way to check for sure?
>
> Erik
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> Terms of Service.

> Yahoo! Plus - For a better Internet experience
> http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/yplus/yoffer.html

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1482387/R=0/SIG=16nd86apo/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd
=1054748324%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM
/A=1482387/R=1=1054748324%3eM=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupweb/S
=1705126215:HM/A=1482387/R=2>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3355058.4641699.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=120320704>