[DMCForum] Re: Door locks

--- In DMCForum, "Paul Salsbury"  wrote:

> Once again I find myself trying to get my central locking
working.
> But still all I could do is lock both doors from the drivers
> side, and unlock neither from either side.
[snip]
> if both the doors are open and you move the lock rocker
> in either door the opposite one try's to move in both
> lock and unlock mode. once you close the doors
> back to square one.

Did you check the switches in both doors?
A quick little test for you; open both doors,
then with a screwdriver push in all 4 latches.
The doors are "closed" now, so you can lock them.
If in this position the locks DO work in both directions
I'm thinking it's either your switches or their wiring
IN the door or in the hinging piece...

Don't forget to unlatch both doors with the interior handle
before actually closing them, or all you'll get is a big BANG
when the latchs hit the pins (don't aske me how I know this :-S)

Good luck,

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since Sep. 2000