Re: [DMCForum] Re: Delorean parts website

Most Delorean parts can be x-refed to parts at www.delorean.com

I normally can't be bothered to try x-refs becuase I'm so irritated when
it's not the right part.  About the brake master cylinder that you
xrefed, I looked up the numbers at my auto store, and they did not find
saab as a user of this part.  I am not saying that your saab xref is not
correct, but you should verify that it is the same part and not something
else.  If you are going to do a xref database, it should contain classes
like "exact xref", "close xref" and 'unknown'.  I have heard that BMW
model 2002 CV boots are xrefed to the D, but don't care enough to buy one
to find out.

It might be helpful to get all the writing (manufacturer, part no) on the
stock parts and make a database of that too, so you can go to a "valeo"
dealer or whatever, and ask for the right part.

Here's my addition: CV boots:  Rockford makes a very durable boot that
fits.  Also "small" spiral boot fits, and the JC whitney universal boot
fits.  I do not recommend the jcwhitney replacement- very flexible, but
also kinda flimsy.

Sylvania 4-light rectangular headlight system fits.

If you really want to do this project, check the DML archives.  It comes
up from time to time.  There are also a couple sites online that has some
xref info.

I don't think i would ever care enough to do better than the xref located
at : http://www.dmc12.com/crossref.htm

Jim

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:00:40 +0200 "Jeroen Flipse"
<my_delorean@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I think it took a lot more time to write this e-mail than to write
> some
> parts down ... so there you see the problem I already mentioned
> earlier...
>
> jeroen

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM