Re: [DMCForum] vacuum for making D parts

Re: [DMCForum] vacuum for making D parts

Information is never unnecessary.  Some people might just get more out of
it
than others, that is part of the reason this list was started.

You can look at our sorry excuse of a website www.marineconcepts.com
Please
keep in mind that it has not been updated in over 2 years, and the last
update was more of a downgrade.

Insurance is not that expensive but I have 0 avaiable cash due to the
house.
I do not know what products you have coverage for but automotive and
marine
are a very sensitive area.  Quick example, about 5 years ago Marine
Concepts
built the molds for a boat. Now some guy falls overboard and gets run over
by the prop.  The family started with the manafacture the coast guard,
marine accocation, and us for having a faulty design.  Turns out that the
guy was sitting on top of the grab rail and drunk, the opperator was
inexperanced and drunk as well.  But it took time and money to jump
through
all the hoops for the laywers.

Making automotive parts out of fiberlgass you have to use a low VOC non
flamiable resin.  The designs also have to be idiot proof.

I have the head liners ready to go, and I think Walt wanted to try and
make
some new facias with air dams or something.  Perhapse he could use his
contacts and get some of the factory drawings....  Right now I just dont
have the time to put into anything other than school, but come Dec 16 I
will
have time and money I hope.  If anyone has some project they are working
on
and needs some fiberglass resources email me off the list and we can work
somethign out.

Andrei