[DMCForum] Re: How many Deloreans are on the road today????

[DMCForum] Re: How many Deloreans are on the road today????

Hear! Hear! Well stated. Except I didn't see your D on the road while
I was wandering around your beautiful state earlier this summer. :)

As I posted just a bit earlier... I'm _ready_ to drive my car. My
friends with more than 300K miles just make me jealous! I can't wait
to get it back from the restoration. I had kidney killers (Corvettes)
until I got my D and the first trip I took in that was 18 hours of
almost nonstop driving before I realized I needed to sleep. But that
was many years ago and I'm anxious to take ANY trip when I get the D
back. I know that it will be a comfort ride... and I hope to
encounter a number of other D's when I do get on the road.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxx> wrote:
> I have just put my D away for the winter.  Living in
> the mountains of Colorado, the snow is deeper than my
> car is tall and, thus, winter is not D time.  However,
> every summer (May 1 to Nov 1) I put 10-12,000 miles on
> my car.  At practically every gas station, in every
> motel parking lot, at every restaurant (you get the
> idea) I hear,  "Wow, it has been years since I have
> seen one of these on the road."
>
> With that as background, the concept of "how many
> DeLoreans are there on the roaed" is, to me, flawed.
> I'm almost ready to say there are no more than half a
> dozen!!!!  If the DeLorean is driven a few hundred
> miles per year, I don't consider it to be "on the
> road".
>
> Perhaps we should attempt to determine "how many
> working/running DeLoreans there are".  Many of them
> are NOT on the road.
>
> Sorry about the rant, but I think that any DeLorean
> that is not driven is a shame.  The DeLorean is a
> reliable, fun, and EXTREMELY comfortable car to drive,
> especially on long trips.
>
> Just my 2¢.
>
> Dick Ryan
>
> --- dmcmike2002 <mcohee@xxxx> wrote:
> > One topic I have spoken to several owners about is
> > how many Deloreans
> > are still on the road....It's funny but no one seems
> > to have any
> > idea....3,000? 4,000? I guess the first thing is to
> > determine "on the
> > road". I am sure there are non running Deloreans in
> > the backs of
> > garages or forgotten somewhere. As well there are
> > parts cars that
> > that have been wrecked. I have also noticed that
> > many owners have
> > more than 1 Delorean. I also wonder how many
> > Deloreans are sitting in
> > museums.
> >
> > It would be great if we could somehow get an
> > accurate count of
> > Deloreans in the US and a breakdown by state. Next
> > would be the
> > international totals. Next would be museum Deloreans
> > etc.
> >
> > I think if we had an actual count it would help us
> > better determine
> > the values of our cars, give us an idea of how many
> > owners there are
> > and determine the economies of how feasable future
> > part innovations
> > like torsion bars would be etc...
> >
> > any suggestions? a survey? someone start a vin
> > spreadsheet?
> >
> > Mike C
> > 2109

> http://webhosting.yahoo.com

DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.ZSp6B/dlOFAA/46VHAA/HliolB/TM