[DMCForum] a/c dripping

With the excessive Florida humidity, I'm looking for ways to stop
condensate
from forming on my a/c box and dripping in the passenger footwell.  The
OEM
layer of foam is not enough to properly insulate.  Condensate still seems
collect on it and on the few edges that aren't covered.  I bought a big
piece of carpet padding to use as additional insulation for the box, but
this is open-cell padding meant to put under carpeting.  It's also PURPLE!
I've been unable to find a light-density closed-cell insulation suitable
for
my purpose.  So far it sounds like the B-Quiet Lcomp material might work
very well for this, so I'll find out when the materials arrive.

I hope to have the car back on the road in time for the release of BTTF on
DVD.

Anyone have any advice on weighing how much Freon I put back in the a/c?
It
looks like my best option is to weigh a container on a UPS scale while I
fill the system.  Any tool made for the job costs several hundered
dollars.

Walt