Re: [DMCForum] bleeder

The weird thing about the self-bleeder kit is that it uses the wrong
thread.
The OEM part is a metric threaded bleed screw.  The bleeder kit that
everyone sells uses a standard brass 1/4" NPT-to-hose barb plumbing
fitting.
When I first noticed I thought, "I'm not cross-threading some plumbing
piece
of crap into an aluminum casting!"  But there are consolations: the new
threads are very close and the nipple is tapered.  Once you put it in, it
should never have to come out again.  Brass on aluminum meshes nicely.
You
can scrounge at your local hardware or save lots of time if you buy the
kit
from a vendor.

Walt