[DMCForum] OT-Re: Electric car thread wandered off topic

[DMCForum] OT-Re: Electric car thread wandered off topic

An open forum is great, but what gets me is the somewhat constant
bashing of the DML.  For a group that has broken free of the "evil
empire" there still is a lot of talk about it.  oh well.  do what you
like, i just hope great information continues to flow.

erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
> Part of the reason for this list was to allow the wandering off-
topic
> posts and cheerful banter which lets a list progress more like a
room
> full of people chatting than a strictly held debate - both have
their
> advantages, but one key point is let's keep it FRIENDLY.
>
> Oh, and a suggestion: on other lists I've been on in the past, Off-
topic
> posts were fine, but please put [OT] in the subject - that way you
can
> ignore or even filter those mails automatically if you like.
>
> Martin
>
> PS I had nothing to do with starting this list or in DML bashing. I
> personally respect the job the moderators do - but I also
appreciate the
> chance to ask slightly "dummer" questions along the lines
of "anyone
> help me how to take the starter off".
>
> erikgeerdink wrote:
>
> >No, I joined this list to gather information for the Delorean.  I
> >believe it will be a great source, along with the DML.  I don't
see a
> >reason that DML bashing threads need to be posted.  There's no
point
> >to it.  Get over yourselves.  You didn't start anything special,
just
> >another list.
> >
> >Erik

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now