From: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Martin Gutkowski
Sent: 18 August 2005 18:18
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] Kent Modified Car Show This Sunday/Speed Warning

While you're there, perhaps you could voice the following:

1) The statistics usually fired at us regarding speed being a major
contributing factor in a third of all road fatalities fails to take one
very important factor into consideration

The definition of "excessive speed" in those statistics is NOT merely
exceeding the speed limit. If the statistics are further crunched down
to exclude those involving driving too fast in the wet, in a car not
capable of it safely, or when the road is unsafe at that speed (eg
twisty country lane at 60), then the statistics drop to an alarming 7%
By far and away the largest caus eof fatailities on the roads are
pedestrians not looking where they're going...

2) Show me some statistics that speed cameras reduce fatalities. I knew
about this stuff before it was pointed out on top gear, but it wsa nice
to hear them again

Sorry, I know it's nothing to do with you, but it really gets my goat -
and I've never been done for speeding.

Martin

  _____

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk