[doc] Nice reg plate up for auction - for an 83'

[doc] Nice reg plate up for auction - for an 83'

Hiya ..

way back 5 yrs ago when I first decided to buy a D' I had originally
made my mind up to get an 83' - as it turned out I have a late 81.

At the time I did some research and found the plate MCF1Y had never
been issued and wrote to the DVLA and asked if it were for sale.
Got the answer back at the time that my interest had been noted
and 'if' they decided to release it for auction in the future they
would let me know.

Got a letter from em today - McF1y is in the next sale! bit late for
me and not applicable to my D as it would be an X on the age related
plate - I'd love it for 'future' use :-) but being between jobs at
the moment I can't imagine being in a position to bid (if Mdm lottery
pays up ... I'll be there).
So, if you have an 83  .... McFLY is up for grabs - reserve 700 quid,
but I guess it'll be a packet more than that especially now as
there's that boy 'band' by the same name about now ...

Would be nice to see it on a D' !!! especially a club D !

Phill W
DOC 233
VIN 6772 (sorbet)
Avantime (M4TRA)