Re: [doc] Dumb questions about the blower motor Part 2

Re: [doc] Dumb questions about the blower motor Part 2

Hi

I just went to try that but after i unplugged the terminals on the blower cb the blower kept going...is this correct!  i thought as soon as i disconnected it would stop the blower...

?????

craig doc 388
vin 16723

Nick Tomlinson <nickandkathryntomlinson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Simple way would be to put a (30 amp fused) wire across the circuit breaker terminals.
If the fan starts up then you know it has tripped. They also make a slight audible click when re-setting.

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/relay-compartment-references.html

Sometimes the circuit breakers are swapped over (still connected to the same wires) so actually look at the circuit breaker itself. It should have "25" written/ stamped on it.

NickT.

Craig Churchill <mrvic20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Nick

Which one is it (circuit breaker) and how do you check if its tripped

many thanks

Craig

Nick Tomlinson wrote:
When it cuts out check that the 25 amp circuit breaker hasn't tripped, then self reset.

Usual mod is to get a 40 amp breaker to replace the 35 amp breaker, then use the 35 amp breaker to replace the 25 amp breaker...or replace them with fuses.

This is what happenned on mine.

NickT.

Thomas Mc Auley wrote:

Question 2

After five minutes or so the motor cuts out then starts agin a
minute or so later...is this a problem with the motor or circuit
breaker? I do not have a clue. I have recently replace all relays
so it cannot be them!

My motor does this also. I asked our local genius Mr O'Malley and he said it is usually a sign of a dying motor. It is drawing too much current causing the relay to cut it off?

I was going to buy one, but I think our summer in Belfast is over now :-(

Thomas Mc Auley

Vin #4087 in rainy crappy Belfast

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

Chatter Recreation Delorean part Delorean for sale Automotive Sports

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk