  From: Alan Hammond
  To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 6:50 PM
  Subject: Re: [doc] Smokey all fired up and on the road!!!

  Hi Carl, Claire

  Had a great day at helmingham hall, smokey got a lot (and I mean alot) of attention, I never got the chance to have a look round the other classics as I was to busy talking to loads of people. nice to drive the dream car on the open road at last!!.

  just wanted to say thanks to Alex Gant for bringing me some refreshment during the day!!

  I got all the normal DMC chat at the show............ is it an alloy body, where are the drugs, what happens at 88mph, what engine does it have, how do you clean it etc.

  I did meet a guy who said that he has DMC overalls in black have any other members seen these, I thought they only did grey?.  he wanted to know if I wanted to buy them..... i will tell you more when i see them.

  all in all a great day and good weather, a good first time show for smokey.

  all the best

  Alan and Smokey.

  Carl Hammond <carlhammonddoc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Alan, welcome back online!

  Fantastic news about Smokey, I hope you had a great day!

  Sorry I'd only just got back from holiday when I got your message, otherwise I would have come along for support. I'd imagine there was a good turnout, and Smokey got lots of attention too. Did Peter go as well?

  We must arrange a mini East Anglian club meet at some point.

  Take it easy matey!

  Speak to you soon.

  All the best

  Carl
  DOC361

  Alan Hammond <vin569@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi all,

  After being absent from the news group for so long (computer problems again..... now got a brand new laptop with norton firewall/antivirus 2005 and windows XP) smokey is MOTed tax and insured.... now clocked up 70 miles on top of my 11,729 miles..

  For insurance I used lancaster who quoted 300 pounds a year (3000 miles a year).

  Smokey is going to the helmingham Classic and sports car festival tommorow sunday 7th August....... anyone in the area should come down, it`s 6 pounds to get in and the money goes to the Ipswich Childrens Hospice.

  If anyone has tried to contact me over the news group could they re-send their messages as I have just had to delete 1200 inbox messages!!!..

  nice to be part of the newgroup again.

  all the best

  Alan Hammond (DOC 218) and Smokey (vin 569)

  DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

        Delorean for sale  Automotive  Sports

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk