From: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Richard
Sent: 01 August 2005 00:01
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [doc] sheered bolts

Oh, I have *lots* of experience with this :)

The simplest, cheapest and quickest method, is to hacksaw the snapped
studs off level with the spoiler, and then put a drill straight through.

Then just use standard nut/bolt with big washers and plenty of copper
grease

I think Aldi are doing a nice nuts and bolts kit with big penny washers
in it at the moment :)

Rich Hutchinson
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of
> Chris Hawes
> Sent: 31 July 2005 21:53
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [doc] sheered bolts
>
> I have looked in the archives and must be using the wrong keywords as
> could find no results even though I am sure this has been discussed
> before....
>
> I have taken my spoiler off as I need to remove the cowling/ducting
that
> fits between the spoiler and the radiator.  The reason for this is
that I
> need to remove it so that I can undo the hose that connects to the
lower
> end
> of the condensor so that I can completely finish the aircon re-
> firbishment.
>
> As I was undoing the spoiler several of the threaded shafts sheered
off as
> was undoing the rusty nuts.  It looks like the thread was somehow
bonded
> into the plastic spoiler.  The same thing happened with the grill.
>
> Can anyone help with suggestions from this point?
>
> Chris H
> vin 5255 looking a little bit not all there for now...

Chatter
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Chatter&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreation&w3
=Delorean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6&s=99&.si
g=SIgdB2SewFqmLo8KfKRfHg>
Recreation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreation
&w3=Delorean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6&s=99&
.sig=xBDifCuU0z9yDob37faAqg>
Delorean
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Delorean+part&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreat
ion&w3=Delorean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6&s=
99&.sig=nQTy3wztfzSvE9sMB7rUcw>  part

Delorean
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Delorean+for+sale&w1=Chatter&w2=Rec
reation&w3=Delorean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=
6&s=99&.sig=-ge2A9sZFwn_ns_qSRgXvA>  for sale
Automotive
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Automotive&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreation
&w3=Delorean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6&s=99&
.sig=JjI7G86YEMRc2LmwUy4Kug>
Sports
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sports&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreation&w3=
Delorean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6&s=99&.sig
=sQSIAI-rh_wS8ulKTndh3A>

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*         Visit your group "doc-uk
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/doc-uk> " on the web.

*         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*         Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.

  _____

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk