  From: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
saalexander2000
  Sent: 09 July 2005 19:10
  To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: [doc] Sad day

  Thanks guys.  Claire, you're too kind!  I sold #16686 to a guy from
  Essex for close to the asking price.  He's not a club member but I did
  plug the club and I think he'll probably join.... watch out for
  'WeeWee' at future meets.

  I was gutted to see it go (getting it had been a dream come true) but
  it was the sensible thing to do, I just don't get to use it these days
  and the money will come in handy.  The Barchetta is a kind-of
  interesting car and I can use it every day.  Still not a DeLorean
  though!

  I might see you at some local events to get a DeLorean fix when I need
  one,

  Stuart

  2000 Fiat Barchetta
  1995 Volvo 480 celebration

  --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Claire Usher" <claire.usher@xxxx>
  wrote:
  > Hey Stuie, I hope you aren't leaving the DOC completely!?
  >
  > What are us female members gonna do for "eye candy" now you
  aren't gonna
  > be bearing your chest anymore?  :o(
  >
  > Who bought #16686? Was it a club member?
  >
  > I still remember the first time Dave and I met you at the "Car
  Heaven
  > Show" at Steeple Morden in 2001; you vowed you'd get a D,
  and in 2002
  > you showed up at Knebworth with `WeeWee' (to mutterings of
  "who's cars
  > that? Don't recognise it") like a dog with two
  you-know-what's and a
  > grin from ear to ear.
  >
  > Still, at least with a Barchetta you're keeping it left hand
  drive ;o)

  > Claire
  > Vin 2292
  > 1989 Cavalier (with no brakes)
  > 1983 Astra (in storage since 1999)
  > DOC171

  Behalf
  > Of saalexander2000
  > Sent: 07 July 2005 21:51
  > To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  > Subject: [doc] Sad day
  >
  > After three happy years of DeLorean driving, tonight I said goodbye
  > #16686 for the last time.  Due to the financial demands of being a
  > student once again, a DeLorean was becoming an unjustifiable
  luxury.

  > Many thanks to you all for making my time in the DOC so good, I had
  no
  > idea that a car club could be so friendly and helpful.  Hopefully
  one
  > day in the not too distant future I'll have another De to join you
  at
  > meetings with.
  >
  > Take care,
  >
  > Stuart
  >
  > Fiat Barchetta
  > Volvo 480 celebration
  > No DeLorean
  >
  >
  >
  >
  > DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
  > ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
  assumed
  > public and may be printed in the club magazine **
  >
  >
  >
  >    _____
  >
  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
  >
  > *      Visit your group "HYPERLINK
  > "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/doc-uk"doc-uk" on the web.

  >  HYPERLINK
  > "mailto:doc-uk-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subje
  ct=Unsubscribe"doc-uk-un
  > subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  >
  > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the HYPERLINK
  > "http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/"Yahoo! Terms of Service.
  >
  >    _____
  >
  >
  > --

  DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk