Re: [doc] Re: Driving a D b4 registering

mrvic20 wrote:

> Anyway, i have AON insurance, i will have the MOT, i have an
> american plate on the back only!
>
> Can i drive it legally back to my house and then register it...i
> cannot leave it up there and wait for registering as there is no
> under cover storage available.

I asked this directly to the DVLA and was told "technically it's
illegal, but common sense explains why you were/are doing it - just
don't take the piss"

(well, I paraphrased the last bit)

I drove my car for approx 500 miles on "BWCC 2" on a long expired
Virginia plate, and this included going to the office party where I was
tailed by plod for a while.

The best example is Rich J who drove his to work (only the Police wing
of the Home Office) on a US plate..... and for a year afterwards!

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk