Re: [doc] Florida / Houston Trip

Snap, I'm just on my way to Florida this evening, so you can all rest assured of pictures of the Exotic Car Show in the town of Celebration upon my return.

Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
1999 BMW E36 Coupe

John Chapelhow <chapelhow@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All.

A long post as I am playing catch up following my holiday to Florida.

First, and most importantly a big thank you to James Espey. As I was
over in the US, I spent a day to fly to Houston and visit DMCH. James
was good enough to give me a personally guided tour, and put up with
me crawling all over the prototype for pictures, (copies on the way
to Chris/Andy). Any holiday which manages to cram in Disney, the BTTF
ride and a visit to ~40 DeLoreans is OK in my book....

Second, my visit to the Florida BTTF ride also resulted in some
pictures of one of the supposed film cars, if anyone else subscribes
to the DMCNEWS newsgroup you may recall posts on how poorly the car
is being maintained, I am sad to say that these were fair. The car is
on display outside in the glorious heat, and has suffered
accordingly. Several pieces of exterior trim are missing, presumably
due to souvenir hunters..

At that time I also purchased what I was assured was the last of the
Florida stocks of the small Johnny Lightening BTTF 1:43 models, the
spares will be made available in due course.

Two new gadgets to report, they will be the subject of a second post
to aid future searching.

Third, whatever Phil Peters does to his car really works. I have now
seen a proper rebuilt/refinished DMCH car which comes close to the
gleam on his car?.

Finally, if at all possible I will make the Monday meet, so I hope to
see some of you there.

John Chapelhow
DOC 19/19a : `Boeing' #0737

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk