RE: [doc] re BTI and court case

I think BTI are valid for 1yr(or x period of time I can't remember how
long).  From the article in the mag I think Phillip already had a BTI
accepted under the 5% duty bracket in advance.

But the rules changed when his car was on the ship, because he already
had a valid BTI they accepted his situation and let him pay the original
5%.

He didn't apply for a BTI after yours he already had one.

I wouldn't take it to far with C&E because I don't want them chasing me
for back tax, I think Martin said they can claim upto 3yrs after so
don't push them.

The fact is that it was originally a mistake the cars should never have
been given the historic interest bracket, some people where lucky to get
there cars through using this loop hole but now it has been closed.

I agree with Chris anyone wanting to buy now should buy in UK unless
they want to pay more than 27.5% in duty/VAT.

James
vin 2250
doc 129