Re: [doc] re BTI and court case

Steve,

Yes take it has far as you can........I have got to import my car in the next couple of month, a friend is storing it until I can ship it the safest and cheapest way possible, to be honest I don't know what the least amount one could declare and get away with, They say that the car is not as rare as what they had originaly thought when they gave us the 5% tarrif, so now when importing declare the car as next to nothing, and then you could say to customs: I got it cheap because it is now now not catoragised as Historical value anymore...what can they say, this country makes me sick, Tax Tax Tax Tax, you tell an American how much we pay for Fuel and the Cigerettes, they wont believe it, and then we purchase something that we have saved up for years, pay to get it over, and then the Goverment takes their gready slice out of it, so as I said Steve take it as far as you can mate.

Jason
Doc 468
Vin #3377

blackaddertoo <blackaddertoo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Al

i am looking for information, particularly from Phillip Wright

i imported my car last sept and got stung for the new BTI 10%+17.5% -
ouch

i appealed and lost, and then appealed to a tribunal.

i am scheduled for appeal court in MAY.

my question is, when was this last BTI issued for the 5% duty?

Would it be possible to beg a photocopy as i need to present evidence
to the judge and solicitors.

my case is one or two angles - how can a car be re-assessed and given
a different BTI code when no more models have been produced and no
further information given since the original assessment ie did they
make a mistake originally and was some of their staff negligent?.

if my car was imported September and cars later than this had the 5%
BTI then surely my car should be subject to 5% duty.

i don't expect to win against customs, but wanted to take my case as
far as possible as i firmly believe our cars are historic and an
important part of motoring history and should be treated by customs as
so.

thanx for any help

regardfs

Steve