Re: [doc] whats wrong

Hi

i know its obvious, but just to add, best to drain tank first out in
open away from any source of ignition even static off clothes can
ignite petrol vapour. and a "empty tank" is never 100% empty.

keep a fire extinguisher handy. you may be surprised how poor the
system is in the tank. i replaced mine and the fuel pick up, boot,
filter and pump where all pretty long gone (although mine had been
standing 13 years!).
Regards

Steve
doc 370

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "nick12dmc" <Tammyfew@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi Tracey,
>           LJH has had this sort of problem and I think Dean's
> having somthing similar.
>  Before spending any money, check the fuel tank. There is a filter
> on the pickup hose in the tank (or there should be).
>  First Remove the fuel pump cover boot and then pull the pump and
> boot out of the tank. On the bottom of the pump is the connection
> for the pick up. Take this off and look in the bottom of the pump
> mine had a lump of muck that was blocking the fuel feed.
>
>  If this is clear its time for some fuel tank diving, the pick up
> hose connects to a baffle and then to a little mushroom shaped
> pickup filter. This could be the problem. In my case the lower
> baffle and fuel filter were missing. As soon as I sorted it this
> with new bits it ran better than ever.
>  Be careful and wear some chemical gloves and remember to
disconnect

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk