Re: [doc] "new" new cars - subject closed?

Re: [doc] "new" new cars - subject closed?

depends what you want really, small, large, mpv, petrol, diesel,
auto.......

Yes, I work for Renault, but I have considerable experience of lots of
makes and models and lots of contacts if there is something I'm not
sure about and need to ask before making a possibly misguided
recommendation.  I also dont get personal about cars and call them
crap.  Different people like different things and characteristics in
their cars.

When buying a new car, factor everything.  Safety (make sure you check
out www.euroncap.com some thought provoking info there), servicing
costs, tyres, fuel consumption, insurance  grouping, etc.  Dont always
assume the smaller the engine, the cheaper the insurance.  A 1.0
Daihatsu Charade that I have just taken in px is a higher insurance
group then the 1.6 16v 113bhp Modus that replaced it.

I'm happy to give impartial advice to anyone, but I agree with Darren
Cunningham that maybe we should get back to DeLorean related chat so
any one who wants advice please feel free to mail me off list.

Regards,

Claire
DOC171, #2292 VUR594W
Modus Auto KG05XMM