[doc] Re: MG TF

As a past MGF owner, I would not buy another, it was a real pain
to work on. My DeLorean is far easier to work on and has areas
that show someone thought and designed with the idea that some
poor sod may have to replace or repair somthing.

Bear in mind that ours was a '97 P plate and when
we sold it had 50K on the clock, we had it four years and covered
20K miles in that time.
1, windscreen wiper motor faulty
2, Strange water leak, (found to be air box gasket)
3, Head gasket failure (who thought plastic dowels were a good idea??
I want to meet the designer along with the guy who removed my fuel
tank filter and inner baffle!  SLAP)
4, Electric window stop failure (the MK3 fix works!)
I suppose looking back it was not that bad...
I would say MG's biggest problem was not doing a F in federal spec
for the American market. As long as they made it reliable!
Only negative thing about driving it was you sit on it rather than
in it, difficult to explain unless you have driven one.
Regards
Nick H (LJH running sweet tonight after new fuel tank bits fitted)

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stephen Knight" <sk.ayr@xxxx> wrote:
> Just a thought following a radio interview with an MG dealer who
stated renewed interest in MG cars now they are no more, would the
MGTF be a good investment sports car for the future, probably get a
good bargain but how would the warranty stand up?

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk