Re: [doc] Re: Looking for a DeLorean

Hi James,

Well Im sure glad that you did sell me that car it's
turned out to be a very fun project.

After alot of hard work, rebuilding the cooling
system, steering, cleaning all the electrical contacts
in the engine and roof, new door, new interior, new
exhaust, new angle drive, complete rebrushing of the
stanless, repainting the facias, new wheels and tires,
the car now looks and drives like it's new.

As it's been kept in hot texas every nut and bolt has
undone with now problems at all.

If you ever get another like that I'll have it.  I
fancy a painting one.  Maybe black or ruby red with a
3.0 24 Valve Turbo Charged PRV.

If you like to see it I'll post some before and after
pictures.

Many Thanks

Dan

VIN4754

--- James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
---------------------------------
In regards to Colm's and Dan statements, we sell what
we call
"pre-owned" and "remanufactured" cars.

The "pre-owned" cars are either cars that we have
taken on consignment
or cars that we have purchased, completed the
necessary services to be
good, reliable daily driver type cars that are very
presentable. There
may be minor cosmetic issues that can be addressed as
the time and
budget of the new owner allows. These range in the
high-teens to
mid-twenties. These cars usually carry no warranty
other than to cover
what we have done to the car to present it for sale.

Daniel's car was a "special" in that it was the one
and only "project
car" that we have ever sold. A good, solid car, that
if we still had it
today, we might not have sold the way we did. I
*still* get inquiries
from people wanting to buy that car. :-)

The "remanufactured" cars are cars that we have
purchased, stripped to a
bare frame and rebuilt using a combination of new old
stock (NOS), new
OEM and reproduction parts. All of our improved parts
are installed on
these cars including window motors, door handles,
switches, seat covers,
headliners, etc. Basically the only things that carry
over from the
donor car are the underbody (if undamaged), any
flawless stainless
panels, flawless rear window, and VIN plates. These
cars carry a 2-year
powertrain warranty and a 6-month/6,000 mile
bumper-to-bumper warranty.
They start at $37,500 and are offered with various
options including the
performance engine, suspension, wheels, luggage racks,
stripes, etc.
They are all "built to spec" and it takes about 30
days to complete one.
We are currently backordered about 4 months on these.

We've had a period of time where all the pre-owned
cars are selling
before we can publicly announce them (due to a waiting
list of people
looking for specific interior/transmission
combinations) or becoming
"donor cars" for the remanufacturing program. However,
there will be two
or three listed late this week or early next week.

I would caution someone against buying a car from Ebay
WITHOUT A
PERSONAL INSPECTION by someone who knows a bit about
DeLoreans - try the
DML to find someone near the car you are considering.
PJ Grady and
DeLorean Motor Center also have cars for sale from
time to time, and
they are a good bet, too.

Regards,

James Espey

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james@xxxxxxxxxxxx
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
------------------------------------

> Hi Andre,
>
> My car cam from DMCH and was not a pristine car.  It
was a car that was half
> way through being by a owner and was left to be
finished.

> I will say that a good thing about DMCH is that
there description of the car
> was accurate and they arranged all the shipping
there end.

> If I was going to do it again, and I might well do,
then I would shop around
> and look for one myself.  Try EBay, PJ Grady's etc.
>
> If you want some backup then either DMCH or DMUK.
DMUK know there cars, are
> helpful, can do any kind of work or modification
that you want and are over
> here.
>
> Dan
> VIN 4754

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the
group are assumed public and may be printed in the
club magazine **

Terms of Service.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk