RE: [doc] Re: "new" new cars

I have to agree with Martin on this

After my Nissan Primera got wrote off by the insurance (scam) I lost
1000 quid in 6 months on it - It cost me 5K second hand

After that I promised myself I'd never spend more than 1K on a car ever
again. (DeLorean accepted of course)

So far I've had a 300 quid Proton which I sold for more than I paid for
it, a beautiful 600 quid Sierra (which some dick head drove into the
back of whilst it was parked up - really, I'm not bitter..) and I'm
currently driving an old 300 quid JReg Renault 19 which I bought over a
year ago. The biggest problem it's had so far was a broken clutch cable
which took me an hour to replace, and cost 18 quid.

New cars are run by computers, have silly little orange "something's
broken" lights that you have to take to a main dealer and which take
three days to fix. Whenever you ask what was wrong it's always "a
sensor" which always seem to cost 70 quid to fix. They loose a grand
just by driving 'em out the forecourt, have to be taken to a dealer to
be 'serviced' at some exorbitant price otherwise you loose your
'warrantee' (which is barely worth the paper it's written on) and if
that hasn't bled you dry, the "insurance" will finish the job off! New
cars...wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole

Cynical rant over :)

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

BX
> TZD Turbo which I bought off ebay for £100 last week. 1.7 turbo
engine,
> no cat (as standard), electric everything, PAS, alloys, ABS,  and goes
> like a flipping rocket. It's Verity's car really but she hasn't passed
> her test yet, and I can't afford to replace the turbo on my Xantia
yet.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk