[doc] the end of MG ROVER?

Yep I heard that bit on radio 2, it brings it all back when De Lorean had his money troubles... Today on Radio 2 a wife of one of the MG Rover workers was talking, begging the Labour goverment for a cash injection for the car firm... Deja Vu I thought!!!.

I think that this may be the end for Rover and that the Rover name will only continue thanks to Land Rover, once a division of the Rover car company.(A forgotten link for many people).

 By the way Claire I`ve left my old Nissan dealership and now work as a driver for Mercedes-Benz in Ipswich (hopefully they have a more positive future than Rover?)........ the guys a work can`t belive ive got a DMC, they have even had a 300SL Gullwing in for service....lovely car!!!

Alan (a Land Rover nut) and Smokey (ready for MOT)

Claire Usher <claire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Apparantly on Radio 2 on Friday Jeremy Vine likened the current
situation with MG Rover to that of DeLorean.

At the end of the day, MG Rover is a private company, not a state
owned one, and if no one wants to buy their products why should us tax
payers bail it out?  We didnt see the government rushing to lend
furniture retailler Courts £100m of our money when they went bust
recently did we!  At the end of the day, MG Rover have needed a new
small-mid range car for many years, but probably due to a combination
of factors have not been able to produce one, so have just kept
facelifting the old ones.

Dont get me wrong though, because as someone who has always loved cars
and worked with them for years, I do feel sad about what is happening
and feel for everyone involved, not just those who work at Longbridge,
but also for the people who supply the plant and are also affected.

Claire
DOC171

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

'Thanks & Giving.'