[doc] Re: Non Start - Advice Please

Robin.

I will agree with the 'it sounds electrical' theory.

Since the pump is running, and others have suggested checking the
fuses, the next quick and easy place to check and the control plugs.

OK so that might not be a pukka name for them, behind the coil cover
at the back right of the enigne bay are a set of 7 electical
connector blocks.

Some, but by no means all, of my car's early gremlins were due to
loose connectors (expanded females connectors/corroded male pins). Un-
plugging the yellow block (top left) produces exactly the problem you
describe, but check them all.

A wiser member (Dave H) also once told me a similar story which was
down to a failed resistor (the white exposed gizmo on the back wall
of the engine bay). This manifests as a burningly hot resistor, check
with a non-contact thermometer.

Good luck

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737

PS. The Northern meet was great. It is alway good to see familiar
faces/cars, even better when all new ones turn up!

PPS. I am not convinced with this new Yahoo arrangement, none of my
previous straight to newgroup links work.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk