Re: [doc] DeLorean in Gran Turismo 4

Hi Tris,

I've got all the necessary licenses and I've just been trying to do the driving missions that you mentioned (with much swearing at the TV I might add), but I think it may take some considerable time to get the DeLorean.

I didn't realise how sadistic the people are who made this game, because you'd have to pull some spectacular driving out of the bag to be able to overtake an identical car driving at an identical speed with identical horse power.

Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178

Tristan Carroll <tristan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Mike,

Yes, what you have to do is complete missions 1-10 on the driving
missions. But before you do that, you have to obtain International
Licesnce B. And before you can get International License B you need
to get National License B and before that, License A. (I think those
are the license names)

Anyway, if you try to do missions 1-10, it'll say you need to do
license b, and so on.

So basically, you need to do 3 licenses (16 tests in each) then do
missions 1-10 in the mission hall thingy.

And believe me, there will be some swearing and kicking of the TV
set as you go through each bit!! As some of the flipping tests put
you in the most rubbish car imaginable to race around in!!! Arrr.

Anyway, hope this helps you out.

Tris.

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Sumner <mikebmw316@xxxx> wrote:
> Tristan,

> do you know what race etc it was that unlocked the DeLorean?

> It's just that I'm not that far inot the game and I wanted to know
how far I need to go before I can get the car.

> Regards,

> Mike Sumner - 178
>

> Tristan Carroll <tristan@xxxx> wrote:
>
> I managed to get my DeLorean unlocked on Friday night!!
>
> And WOW!! It looks absolutely superb!
>
> When you win it, do what they call a "photo drive" where you can
do
> a lap or two round a circuit of your choice, then on the replay
you
> get to take a photo (a still of the lap) of the D as it goes round
> the track.
>
> The beauty is, you can alter the picture angle! (64 angles to be
> precise!) and zoom in and out and alter the exposure etc.
>
> And if you have an epson photo printer, you can print that photo
> out!! How cool is that!
>
> I know have my very own DeLorean!!! At last!!! (albeit a
> computerised version -  but I have one all the same!!)
>
> Enjoy your GT4 DeLoreans guys! (just wish I had the real thing now
> though!)
>
> Tris
>

> --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dean Mitchell" <deanscheme@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > So Far i've done all 16 B Licence Courses.... then all 16 A
> Licence Courses,
> > then the first 8 races that my car qualifies for..... and half
way
> through
> > my international licence....
> >

> > ....Still not unlocked the DeLorean!
> >

> > >From: Mike Sumner <mikebmw316@xxxx>
> > >To: DOC Group <doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > >Subject: [doc] DeLorean in Gran Turismo 4
> > >Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:52:25 +0000 (GMT)
> > >
> > >I rented Gran Turismo 4 yesterday and I was disappointed to see
> that you
> > >can't actually buy the DeLorean, but you have to win it instead.
> > >
> > >I was therefore wondering if anyone on the list had been quick
> enough to
> > >have won it already, and if so could they please advise me of
> which race I
> > >need to complete in order to get it.
> > >
> > >Thanks and regards,
> > >
> > >Mike Sumner - 178
> > >

> > >Send instant messages to your online friends
> http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Service.