[doc] Re: help req with custom tribunal

Hi Steve

I have sent to your personal address two reported cases (summaries
only) dealing with the principles upon which classification is
awarded and the circumstances under which classification may be
altered in light of an 'error'.  C&E are well-funded and well-
advised.  The issues you raise in your post may be relevant to a
number of things, but are unlikely to cut any ice at all with the
Tribunal.  They are only interested, essentially, in four things:

1. How was the original classification awarded?
2. What has brought about the change or re-designation?
3. What is the criteria upon which they, as a tribunal, can
interfere with the re-classification (in other words, prevent C&E
redesignating)?
4. Do the circumstances of this case fall within the relevant
criteria?

The fact that it is all terribly unfair is not one of the criteria.

Before the tribunal happens, demand that C&E provide you with the
relevant documents and statements (if any) dealing with the re-
classification.  Ask them to state in writing all factors taken into
account when undertaking the orignal classification and the re-
classification.  Don't let C&E spring evidence on you at the
tribunal, if they do, ask for an adjournment to consider it at C&E's
expense.  Make sure you know exactly what C&E are going to say
before the eharing, and make sure your 'submissions' are directed to
the relevant criteria.

Hope this all helps.

All the best on the day

Colm