Re: [doc] Shipping and Duty from US

Hi All,
       The main problem is import duty. There are so many diffrent
rates of duty. No one is ever sure what your going to get charged.
Also some things get through with nothing to pay by fluke.
You could get round this I suppose by sending all your stuff marked
as gifts or at a maximum value below the duty limit but this would
need U.S.cooperation.

This is a very grey area and would I am sure not be liked by the
UK Customs but can they touch a U.S.company?
The best option would be large UK or EU parts stash. Such as DMCH
started with Carcoon. This appears to have problems.

Maybe some sort of franchise with DMUK would be the answer.
How about Consignment stock, where DMCH provides parts in store and
are paid as a item is used?

Just my thoughts
Regards
Nick H

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi James
>
> We are regularly asked about coil covers. Until recently, I thought
> these were only available from Grady or Steger, but personally I
think
> $109 is a way beyond steep for a part like that. If they are
available
> from you, then PLEASE update your website to show something other
than
> $0.00 next to it. As soon as I see that, I start looking at Grady's
site
> assuming you don't have it.
>
> I don't know if you realise but you guys (DMCH) for some reason get
> really good rate from Fedex for international shipping. Grady uses
> (used?) UPS and it was quite ridiculously expensive. Sure, the coil
> cover might be $109 but you're looking at at least $50 to ship it,
then
> duty and vat is added not only to the cost of the part, but the
shipping
> as well, which amounts to 29.5% on $159 totalling (by today's rate)
£107
> -plus- a processing fee as well for a friggin bit of plastic! Yes
it's
> cheaper than last year, but in the case of this part, still waaaaay
OTT

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk