Re: [doc] Shipping and Duty from US

Hi James,

Thanks for the offer of the Rear Finisher, I¹ll take you up on that when my
order goes in next month.

It¹s great for us that the cost of parts are coming down and It¹s great that
you and DMCH are continuing to produce new products are replacements for
parts that have been long out of supply.

However the cost of importing Delorean¹s has shot up as our government have
decided that the car no longer gets any special treatment as it is no longer
classed as a classic.  The price of importing is now 10% of the price of the
total purchase cost as import duty and then 17.5% on top of that for Value
Added Tax.

I don¹t know if this has slowed the import rate of cars coming back to the
UK yet but I¹m sure it will.

However as most of the Delorean¹s I¹ve seen, including mine, are missing the
coil covers and the weather in the UK is much wetter than Texas they need
them.

I¹m not talking about mass production here, no need to panic about loosing
profits or anything like that.  What I¹m on about is hand producing a few
from fibreglass and then offering them out via places like DMUK and the DOC.
I¹m handy with fibreglass, have done it for a few years, so making a mould
is very easy.  I was even thinking about reproducing the rear finisher until
you guys did it.

Don¹t see it as competition, I¹m just trying to help keep the cars on the
road which is what we all want at the end of the day.

Dan.

P.S. Thanks for your offer and honesty James, It has restored my faith in
DMCH.