Re: [doc] Warm Starting Difficulties and a/c heater

Re: [doc] Warm Starting Difficulties and a/c heater

Hi Tracey,
          See Martin's post about the hot start problem.
As for your fan, They can go wrong and run in reverse! Don't ask
me why but they do. I would order a new fan motor from DMUK or
one of the vendors in the states.
If your stuck drop me a email and bring the car down to Peterborough
have a coffee with us and I will put the new fan in for you.
A sunday will be best. (busy this weekend though)

Best Regards
Nick H

-
-- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tracey steele <traceystl@xxxx> wrote:
> hi ya that`s funnys you should say that, mine starts first time
when its cold but if you leave it for about half hour the little
bugger turns over for ages before she fires up, she has a new battery
on it as well and nothing is lose. spooky,Got to get my a/c and
heater sorted out you can hear fan going round but no air is blowing
out every time i take it out my window keep`s steaming up, then i
can`t see where i`m going,At the moment i`m useing a fan you plug
into the ciggy lighter,does any one know where i can take it to be
fixed no garage round my way will touch it or they don`t seem to know
what their doing.
> cheers tracey vin 6484
>
> Richard Hanlon <rahanlon@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi all ? Spring issues solved!
>
> However, this week, I'll be mostly having Warm Start Issues.
>
> 1) The car always starts from cold, without a hint of a problem.
>
> 2) The car always starts again when it's hot, if you stop and
> immediately re-start
>
> 3) It absolutely WILL NOT start if it's been hot, is parked, you
nip
> into the shops to get some flowers for Valentine's day, get back in
the car,
> and need to get home sharpish.
>
> In fact, the more I think of it, it's often struggled starting
after a
> medium length run if it hasn't had the chance to cool down again.
>
> A couple of things I've noticed:
>
> 1) Occasionally I hear the ~1second buzz of the fuel pressure
> accumulator system when I turn the key to the first position, but
not always
> (especially with repeated trying).
>
> 2) When I lift the lid, with the ignition on, on some occasions
> there's an electrical buzz from the region of the LH block, but
again, not
> always.
>
> 3) I know the coil connections are crap, and I'm on to it!
>
> Can anyone shed any light at all please? I ended up having two very
long
> walks yesterday!
>
> And finally, a bit of advice ? after a week or so, if you've had
the
> Auto-Trans sump off, give the bolts an extra tweak as the new cork
gasket
> compresses, the bolts loosen, and the fluid wants out!
>
> Cheers folks,
>
> Rich Hanlon (393/06126)
>

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **