Re: [doc] hey, Transmission change

Yep, I'd second all that.  I was insistant on having a Manual one too, but
kept getting outbid in the last few minutes on good old Ebay, often at times
around 4am!!

In the end, the Auto one came up, I entered into a dialogue with the seller,
and in the end, I bought the car.  It did have a small shift problem, but
the computer is very easy to extract and was repaired with off-the-shelf
components, admittedly by an experienced electronicsist, but all for very
little cost (Like, about £5!!).

And I'm very taken by it, too.  I've never had an auto before, but the
stigma is ill-deserved - it makes a very relaxing, comfortable drive, and it
gives you plenty of opportunity to glance round and drink in the approving
looks!  The fluid is a doddle to change too!

Good luck,

Rich Hanlon
(393/ 06126)

>From: "jamesrguk" <James_rg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [doc] hey, Transmission change
>Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:38:26 -0000
>

>Troy,
>
>When I 1st looked for a DeLorean, I was almost insistant on having a
>manual, and I ended up with an auto. I would say that there is
>little point in converting a D from one to the other.
>
>I know even I (from essex) would think twice about buying a D that
>had been changed so much from it's original setup, history of these
>cars is important, that's only my personal opinion only of course.
>
>Why would you do it anyway, I have enough bits to upgrade and update
>on my DeLorean without performing such major surgery, manuals &
>autos are in abundance in the USA so just buy the right one to start
>with, and save a load of money.
>
>Also when the auto works well with the shift computer doing it's
>job, I think it can provide quite a sporty ride, that is only
>marginally slower than a stock manual delorean.
>
>The DeLorean is more suited to cruising around than drag racing, so
>having been converted myself, I would say that the auto is worth
>considering.
>
>Of course the best option is to have one of each lol
>

>James RG

Meet the McDonald¿s® Lincoln Fry  get free digital souvenirs,
Web-only video and bid on the Lincoln Fry prop charity auction.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2YkgMD/fV0JAA/Y3ZIAA/HliolB/TM